Mark Neocleous’s highly anticipated new book.
Mark Neocleous’s book War Power, Police Poweris due for publication in February 2014.
From waste to drones and no-fly zones
- Why is liberalism so obsessed with waste?
- Is there a drone above you now?
- Are you living in a no-fly zone?
- What is the role of masculinity in the ‘war on terror’?
- And why do so many liberals say they love of peace while finding new ways to justify slaughter in the name of security?
In this, the first book to deal with the concepts of war power and police power together, Mark Neocleous deals with these questions and many more by using critical theory to radically rethink war power.
Neocleous generates a provocative set of claims about state power and capital accumulation, the role of violence in the making of liberal order, the police wars at the heart of this violence, and the ways in which these processes…
View original post 63 more words